Regulatory Compliance, Senior Manager
The Regulatory Compliance Office (RCO) is part of P&W Group Quality and supports all P&W business units, including P&WC, and on occasion other UTC organizations in matters of commercial aviation. The Regulatory Compliance Office reports to P&W Executive Director of Group Quality. In general, the duties of the RCO include providing mentoring and guidance on commercial regulatory matters to P&W business units, as well as coordinating commercial regulatory matters with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), foreign National Aviation Authorities (NAA), and aviation industry trade groups. This office also participates in FAA/NAA rulemaking activities to assure minimum impact/maximum benefit to P&W/UTC and is the coordinator of the UTC Aviation Regulatory Council.
This Regulatory Compliance Specialist (RCS) position reports to the Manager, Regulatory Compliance. The selected candidate will be assigned to work on commercial regulatory issues primarily involving the P&W aftermarket segment (MRO), with support to the P&W production business (OEM). Responsibilities may include:
- FAA/NAA liaison activity on various MRO regulatory matters;
- Assistance with the development of regulatory strategy and requirements for maintenance and repair of PurePower engine programs;
- Assistance with regulatory strategy and requirements for maintenance and repair of the Auxiliary Power Units (APU) engine programs;
- Assisting in the implementation of new FAA/NAA regulatory requirements at P&W;
- Analyzing potential regulatory requirements, which affect P&W/UTC policies/procedures, and preparing draft PW/UTC position responses to the appropriate regulatory agencies on those requirements;
- Assisting, as requested, P&W efforts in response to FAA/NAA investigations and audits;
- Provide guidance to P&W personnel on Commercial Aviation Production and MRO regulatory requirements.
- Participate on the P&W Government-Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) Team;
- Support the P&W/UTC Counterfeit Parts Program;
- Participate in department ACE initiatives;
- Provide analytical support in the collection of RCO metrics;
- Provide support on ad hoc initiatives as necessary.
- Minimum 8-10 years aerospace experience, preferably in an operations or quality role;
- Knowledge of FAA and other NAA regulatory requirements for repair stations/authorized maintenance facilities, and/or manufacturing operations;
- Knowledge of the P&W Quality System;
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence;
- Strong project planning skills;
- Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization;
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal competencies;
- ACE Associate or close to achieving ACE Associate status preferred;
Bachelor's degreerequired; operations, business management or engineeringdegreepreferred.
MBA or similar degree desirable.
Job ID 54402BR