Regulatory Compliance Manager
I. Job Summary
Plans and directs all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Supervises and plans activities of onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 10 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting, Business or similar field.
- Experience: Two years of waste specific regulatory compliance required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is preferred
- 40 Hour Hazwoper required
- RCRA and DOT regulatory compliance required
- Manifesting and profiling experience required