The Regulatory and Compliance Manager ensures that the Appliance division meets all world-wide served market regulatory requirements through the development and management of an effective compliance strategy. In this role, you will manage the sustainability requirements for Home and personal care appliances. The Regulatory and Compliance Manager develops the regulatory submission strategy that allows the corporation to realize desired labeling and approvals for its products worldwide.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Social Accountability – Ensure proactive SPB compliance of known Social Accountability (Ethical Sourcing) requirements in served countries. Define and administer appropriate global oversight process. Provide supervision on audit scheduling; review; corrective functions covering all regulatory and customer driven compliance events.
- Sustainability – Ensure proactive SPB compliance of known sustainability requirements in served countries. Define and administer appropriate global oversight process.
- requirements in served countries. Define and administer appropriate global oversight process.
- Health and Safety compliance for Appliances – ensure compliance of Appliance Division to any SPB H&S initiatives.
- Additional regulatory compliance – Generalize and apply compliance processes to additional requirements levied by customers or regions served.
- Supplier Audits – Ensure proactive compliance to served market Retailer requirements.
- Design functional area infrastructure and changes to supporting processes and systems. Develop solutions to functional-area challenges. Set, implement and complete functional area goals.
- Develop appropriate regulatory strategies and infrastructure.
Education and Experience Profile
- Technical Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of equivalent related experience in quality/operations required.
- Expert Knowledge of Social Accountability requirements, enforcement & management.
- Working knowledge of Sustainability requirements and standards process in served markets.
- Experience with consumer products and related design/manufacturing processes (plastics, heated products, electrical components, cosmetic appeal, packaging, etc.) preferred.
- Very strong ability to schedule; implement and track audit processes to comply with requirements levied by regulatory bodies or customers.
- Working knowledge of regulatory / agency requirements applicable to small kitchen and personal appliances is required. Understanding of ISO, MDD and other applicable regulations.
- Very strong analytical/problem solving skills and decision making/negotiation skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with the ability to quickly and positively influence others.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of the SPB Appliance business categories highly desirable
- Home, Personal Care
- Preferred Skills
- Experience driving social responsibility and compliance improvement with China supply base
- Experience with the following standards and practices: ISO 26000, ISO 19011, BSCI, SA-8000, C-TPAT, and SMETA.
- Familiar with Risk Management practices