Regulatory Compliance Consultant
Our client, a global banking and financial institution is seeking a compliance professional to join their team, located in Toronto, Canada to work in the capacity of Regulatory Compliance Consultant. The chosen candidate will support the Testing & Validation (T&V) function covering both the Canada and Latin America regions. S/He will provide second line of defense T&V services concentrated on regulatory compliance risk, control testing requirements. The T&V function provides regulatory compliance oversight through the execution of standardized testing. The chosen candidate will possess experience executing regulatory compliance testing engagements that are part of the annual plan and also undertake issue validation work efforts. Activities include performing independent testing and monitoring activities across an assortment of business lines, legal entities and other related functions within the responsibility of the regions.
* Development and design of testing strategies and methodologies in accordance with legislative accepted requirement, corporate regulatory compliance, policies, procedures, and internal controls
* Execute detailed test script procedures, sampling strategies, research and obtain supporting documentation relating to the work performed and document the results of the analysis process
* Lead review activity engagements ensuring regulatory compliance, control testing review activity engagements are proficiently and efficiently performed, accurately interpret results against distinct criteria* s
* Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of legislative requirements, policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls
* Prepare comprehensive reporting of test conclusions by process/controls and/or mandatory compliance requirements
* Prepare report findings, providing sensible recommendations, proposing areas for improvement and presenting to business line and regional management
* Lead and conduct validation testing and follow-up of Issues/Corrective Actions to monitor and assess management* s implementation of recommendations
* Ensure that assigned compliance activity review assignments that are part of the Annual Compliance Testing Plan are delivered timely
* Provide compliance testing expertise in the identification of risks, assessing of controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, agency, legal, regulatory, policy and procedure requirements
* Develops a sound understanding of line of business, local, Canadian, US and any other accepted regulatory legislative expectations
Best Industry * Banking, Financial Services
Best Department * Compliance, Risk
Bachelor* s Degree in Business, Finance or a related discipline is required. Master* s Degree in Business or
Economics is a strong plus. CIA or CPA designation is preferred.
6 * 10 years of experience in compliance or operational risk management (audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk) is required.
Understanding of regulatory requirements within Canada and Latin America
Strong working knowledge of audit principles including sampling methods
Collaborative team player with business relationship building attributes
Ability to meet timeline deliverables in a consistent manner
Sound and continued knowledge of the Compliance Risk Assessment process across different lines of business and the Corporation
Experience with compliance and/or operational risk systems (i.e. GRC tools, etc.) are required.
Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments
Proven ability in exercising independent judgment and applying prudent risk mitigation principles
Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
Ability to consult, build and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) to work effectively within a team environment are required.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch focus efficiently is required.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Up to 20% travel is required.
Canadian citizens only apply.