Regulatory and Standards Program Manager
- Job Number: 86191738
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 31-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple's Environmental Technologies group is seeking a seasoned environmental regulatory program manager to coordinate tracking of emerging regulations, acting at the intersection of regional experts and environmental engineers supporting the development of new products. In addition, the program manager will support certification to environmental standards.
- Understanding of a broad range of global environmental regulations on restricted substances, energy efficiency, eco-design, and labeling
- Understanding of existing multi-attribute environmental and sustainability standards on electronic products, such as EPEAT, IEEE 1680 and ULE 110
- Knowledge of EPEAT policies and processes, as well as experience with product verification processes
- Thrives in environments where attention to detail is required
- Comfortable driving outcomes that require influence without control
- Comfortable distilling information into crisp and concise messaging
This position is offered in Apple's Environmental Technologies group within Apple's Hardware Engineering division. Our mission is to deliver world leading programs to address the impacts of climate change, conserve resources, and utilize safer materials. Your focus will be to ensure Apple products meet relevant environmental regulations and standards. You will accomplish this by coordinating with regulatory and standards experts around the world, and environmental engineers in Cupertino to maintain a roadmap of current and future environmental regulations and standards, and track compliance of current and future products You are a master coordinator that will act as the point of intersection between engineering and regulatory/standards experts. You may not be an expert on all environmental regulations and standards, but are savvy enough to ask the right questions of the experts involved. Your work will not only ensure products meet regulatory requirements around the world, but provide the input necessary to support activities that will influence the direction of future regulations. In addition, you will support certification of Apple products to environmental standards, such as those utilized by the EPEAT program. In this function, you will work together with our standards experts and environmental engineers to collect the necessary supporting evidence to support certification.
Bachelors in engineering or science, or a related field