What you’ll do here:
- Manage and evaluate regulations and laws applicable to licensing activities and ensure appropriate implementation.
- Coordinate with business partners, state agencies, and internal resources to ensure timely and efficient license acquisition and renewal. Coordinate with bank partners on ongoing compliance audits and report findings to the Office of the General Counsel.
- Help identify system and process improvements to mitigate instances of non-compliance with corporate policies and provide recommendations to the Office of General Counsel as needed. Coordinate with operations teams, technology and legal teams to implement approved system changes as needed.
- Research, review and distribute information regarding changes to regulatory local and state licenses and/or registrations.
- Prepare all state forms and related reports and manage all communications with licensing authorities.
- Assist the Office of the General Counsel in the implementation of Company-wide compliance policies and procedures related to state and federal regulatory requirements, and assist with compliance monitoring.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Tax Compliance team and the Customer Care team to monitor red flag reports as appropriate.
- Coordinate with outside counsel to assist with corporate licensing renewals and new license applications as required. Maintain and organize all documentation related to corporate licensing.
- Assist with periodic reviews and updates to the company-wide Tax Compliance Manual and the Operations Manual.
- Monitoring state law developments related to state and federal compliance requirements and summarize findings for distribution to the field once approved. Coordinate franchisee and corporate-wide communications regarding compliance with state and federal laws.
What skills, experience, and aptitudes you’ll bring for success:
- A bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Background working with financial institutions or financial companies requiring licensing and regulations in multiple states.
- Ability to perform complex tasks typically following established processes, and the ability to update and draft formal processes as needed.
- Competencies: Independent Judgement. Organizational skills. Interpersonal skills. Legal Research abilities. Oral and written communication skills. Analytical thinker.