The Regulatory Analyst 3 is responsible for the preparation of all internal and external regulatory reports and analysis, inclusive of Florida Public Service Commission (FPSC) and other external regulatory requirements. This position also assists with financial analyses and special projects. The Regulatory Analyst 3 is responsible for developing new programs, rates, and other regulatory strategies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares special filings, recurring financial reporting, and petitions for regulatory bodies including the FPSC
- Prepares and sponsors testimony relating to regulatory filings
- Prepares rate analysis, tariffs and rate designs related to regulated rates
- Works with FPSC staff and outside auditors to provide necessary assistance and information
- Assists with regulatory strategic planning, and development of rates, programs and filings
- Prepares FPSC customer communications
- Prepares regulatory analysis and other special projects
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Internal: Florida Business Unit Personnel, Accounting and Business Planning
- External: FPSC Auditors and Staff, Company External Auditors, Industry Regulatory Personnel
Education: Must have four yeardegree in Accounting or Finance
Related Experience: Prefer ten years of accounting and utility experience, regulatory experience is a must
- Knowledge in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of the Epicor suite of software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft FRx suite of software.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and related software.
- Knowledge of company tariffs.
- Must have a high level of initiative and be able to be self-directed.
- Must seek efficiencies in all areas to create overall process improvement.
- Must be able to respond creatively to unique situations.
- Utility Accounting knowledge
- Regulatory experience
- Must be able to travel to receive training in relevant fields.
- Must be willing to travel within the state of Florida and occasionally to Delaware.
- Must have a Florida Driver's license.