Position Purpose: Research government regulations and guidance on the health care industry. Summarize and communicate regulations to management and other internal stakeholders.
- Research health care and related regulations using various hardcopy and electronic resources, including the Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations
- Manage corporate entity governance, including entity formation, ongoing maintenance, document management and oversight of annual meetings and actions in lieu of meetings
- Identify laws and regulations that affect operations, including those related to Medicare, Medicaid, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), and those issued by relevant agencies, include CMS and Medicaid agencies of the various states
- Review analysis provided by legislative tracking services, and assist in keeping subscription current where applicable
- Draft and issue summaries of regulatory updates to internal customers of regulations and compliance related regulations that affect operations
- Respond to inquiries from internal stakeholders relating to non-routine questions relating to regulatory or related matter
- Coordinate cross functional meetings to provide regulatory updates and track operational implementation of regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, legal and regulatory resources regarding solutions to address potential legal, contractual and/or regulatory issues
- Conduct ad hoc research to analyze, interpret and disseminate guidance on legal, contractual and regulatory requirements
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, related field or equivalent experience. 5+ years of compliance and regulatory experience including licensure filings, corporate governance and contract management experience, preferably in a Medicare or Medicaid industry.