- Provide regulatory partnership, expertise and guidance to support the global Nutrition initiatives
- Coordinate and deliver global regulatory insight and advise to project teams which is in compliance with multi-geography locations as well as PepsiCo’s policies and guidelines
- Review and deliver input to product concepts, including providing alternative language, naming conventions
- Clearly articulate geography-specific substantiation requirements for claims, and lay-out timelines where appropriate
- Identify and communicate alternatives for increased formula and concept compatibility from a Regulatory perspective to maximize the lift and shift opportunities for global innovation.
- Partner with the regional regulatory experts to provide regulatory support for global projects and seamless transitions for local implementation
- Align Regulatory positions with Legal, Nutrition Sciences and Corporate Affairs input to deliver one perspective to project teams
- Engage Scientific Affairs for input on novel ingredients/processes
- For complex regulatory scenarios develop and communicate roadmaps to deliver a Regulatory solution
- Participate in and deliver regulatory insights to Knowledge Mapping, Workshops and other similar knowledge building/sharing sessions.
- Partner with internal regional regulatory experts to maintain an effective horizon scanning program for the Nutrition business, flag potential issues with global scope or at key global markets, interpret pertinent new regulations/drafts, develop global strategy and coordinate timely and aligned external advocacy to enable future business across geographies.
- Partner with internal regional regulatory experts, PD and cross-functional teams to formulate action plans to maintain core business in compliance with new regulations
- Understand and monitor external perceptions about the food industry and food ingredients/additives. Highlight to manager / project teams as appropriate
- B.Sc. in Food Science, Engineering or related degree. Higher degrees are an advantage
- Minimum 6 years’ of regulatory experience with a strong preference for 4 years in the Food Industry
- Demonstrated influencing skills coupled with the ability to understand project needs and translate them into regulatory roadmaps / advise.
- Broad knowledge of Global Food Regulations with a desired in-depth knowledge in US and EU, dairy, juices, and grains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team with other regulatory experts and cross-functionally
- A critical thinker, enabling work on complex and ambiguous topics.
- Ability to review available data sources and distill information to meet business asks.
Auto req ID: 131327BR