What’s a Regulatory Affairs Counsel?
The Regulatory Affairs Director will lead all regulatory compliance and regulator engagement activities at Clearcover. If you’re looking for a career that rewards compassion, communication, problem-solving and continuous learning, Clearcover is the place.
The role will provide oversight, management, and guidance to ensure the company's operations are conducted according to compliant and ethical business practices, company policies, legal and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for leading a team that creates an industry leading compliance and control environment for the internal review of rates and forms, customer communications, sales processes, producer oversight, claims and operational infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Manage and mitigate litigation and regulatory exposure resulting from product development, sales, service and claims processes
- Enhance and maintain a strong compliance culture through the development of internal policies, procedures and training programs
- Lead compliance audits as required and prescribed by business partners, the Company’s Board of Directors, audit committee and external auditors
- Select and manage external regulatory counsel where necessary
- First point of contact for interactions with the states’ department of insurance
- Analyze compliance risks and exposures both internal and external to Clearcover and prioritize and develop an internal test plan to assess compliance risks on an annual basis.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, which includes analysis of information, coordination, and consultation with internal departments including legal research, state and federal policy review.
What are the requirements?
- Law degree from accredited university and current license to practice law in at least one state
- 5-7 years practicing in the insurance industry, in a law firm focused on insurance regulatory matters or at a state department of insurance
- Knowledge of insurance company, financial and governance regulation specific to companies that concentrate on personal property and casualty insurance
- Demonstrated experience and ability to recruit and manage a high performing and collaborative team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple short-term tasks and projects effectively under pressure
- Strong project management skills