ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
The Regulatory Affairs and Compliance Senior Advisor will be in the Government Contracts & Awards group with Grid Modernization Planning & Technology division within Southern California Edison’s (SCE) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T&D). This position will manage the analysis, administration, monitoring and implementation of federal contract compliance with various agencies, commercial contractors and subcontractors.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Leading efforts across the Company to administer contracts and subcontracts ensuring compliance with the contracts and federal regulations for contract compliance.
- Managing and mitigating risks, including calculating the financialrisks of the projects, and monitoring the contract and services for compliance.
- Ensuring all agreements comply with Company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and other applicable specifications or requirements.
- Ensuring that all contract activities are in full compliance with legal/government requirements and contractual provisions.
- Interacting with Government Contract Offices, Procurement Contract Offices and subcontractors and other company representative to complete and implement contracts.
- Act as liaison with corporate departments and government to assist in resolving both contract and schedule problems.
- Providing direction and makes strategic decisions regarding change, policy, development, and implementation.
- Performing evaluation on issues that have a moderate impact on the department, the project, and the Company.
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Ten or more years of experience ensuring compliance with federal government grants and contracts issues in accordance with Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or related field.
- Seven or more years of experience in federal contract management.
- Five or more years of program management experience.
- Seven or more years of experience monitoring compliance to Federal government contracts, Federal grants or Federal co-operative agreements.
- Seven or more years of experience working in for-profit firms through federal contracts and grants.
- Ability to integrate work with cross-functional teams across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi task and work well in a fast paced, team oriented working environment
- Experience ensuring compliance with federal government grants and contracts compliance issues in accordance with CFRs and FARs.
- Experienceusing SAP.
- Managing and mitigating project risks related to finances, contracts, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interface with vendors and management and executive- level personnel.
- Ability to interact with and present to all levels of staff, including executive level positions and officers.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply.