$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
**In addition to Charlotte, we are open to candidates in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX & Phoenix, AZ markets to work from our offices in those locations.**
As a Regulation and Security Compliance Consultant you will contribute to our compliance program (PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, Security Standards) by providing direct consulting of the security requirements within new and existing regulations. You will be required to collaborate across security teams, legal and business partners to identify, translate and communicate security requirements to technical teams and security leadership. You will also define required security controls and evidence to meet stated regulatory requirements.
A broad range of professional skills along with strong interpersonal skills will be required for problem-solving, collaboration with virtual cross-functional work groups, as well as the tracking and reporting of compliance gaps to closure. This individual is expected to serve as a trusted advisor who can clearly articulate regulatory requirements and Allstate security policies, standards, and guidelines to both technical and business audiences alike.
• Provide regulatory compliance support, scope management and communication, defining evidence requirements and program management as required
• Review new regulations for security impact and document requirements for compliance
• Communicate requirements and compliance status to security leadership and impacted technical teams
• Coordinate project managers and participate in meetings to ensure accuracy of scoping, requirements documentation, gap identification, remediation and compliance requirements are met
• Partner with risk management to ensure transparent communication of risk reporting related to compliance revaluations and identified gaps
• Review evidence submissions to ensure regulatory requirements are met and validation of gap closure
• Track remediation of any gaps to compliance with the implementation area to ensure closure and tracking to deadlines
• Support delivery/implementation leads in promoting and consulting on positions that help strengthen and secure the organization in alignment with regulatory requirements, by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions
• Help facilitate review of changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure effectiveness of security controls to meet compliance requirements
• Help consult with stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business / technology solutions to assure compliance to regulations, compliance frameworks andinternal standards and governing policies and procedures
• Provide Archer GRC tool administration for security controls assessment workflow and evidence gathering within compliance and issues management modules
• Build effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results as a trusted advisor
• 6+ years of IT experience – security governance, regulatory governance and/or IT audit preferred
• 3+ years of project management, consulting, and/or security engineering or architecture experience
• Relevant postsecondary education and/or industry standard certifications preferred (i.e., CISA, CISM, CISSP, CompTIA, Cisco, CheckPoint, Microsoft, EC-Council, ISACA, ISC2, SANS Institute/GIAC, PCIP)
• Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple, competing projects while achieving targeted results
• Strong audit and compliance assessment skills, ability to effectively define gaps, evidence and remediation requirements while achieving targeted delivery results
• Capable of working with technical and non-technical resources -- able to partner with multiple business groups, senior managers, and senior network architects/ engineers
• Proficient in MS Office Suite and possess ability to write "high quality" documentation and/or presentations
• Able to stay current with cybersecurity regulatory landscape to account for changing security compliance circumstances and maintain technical proficiency via self or formal training
• Strong understanding of IT security best practices by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple domains and security disciplines
• General knowledge of: PCI DSS 3.2, HIPAA applicable security / privacy controls, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404, SEC38a-1, ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, NIST 800-53, NIST cybersecurity framework, and COBIT
• General knowledge of common application security architecture and vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top 10), attack techniques and remediation tactics/strategies
• Basic knowledge of Security Analysis (manual and leveraging automated scanning tools).
• Preference toward candidates with experience working within large Financial/Insurance organizations on regulatory or contractual information security compliance projects
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Valid Through: 2019-11-15