5 - 7 years
Posted 158 days ago
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan* s eastern shore is seeking a full-time Registrar.
The Registrar reports to the Vice President of Student Services and provides for the accurate and efficient operation of the registration process college-wide, oversight of the scheduling process and for the maintenance of accurate and complete student records, from admissions to graduation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and administer the registration and student record keeping processes to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
o Supervise and update all student record keeping systems, including admissions applications entry through alumni records; ensure the optimum use of technology in systems development and maintenance.
o Assist with testing and deployment of Banner 9 and SMC Wired registration environments.
o Direct and authenticate student graduation audits. Update and maintain CAPP, electronic degree application.
o Supervise and assist in the preparation and evaluation of student transcripts.
o Prepare confidentiality guidelines and monitor those guidelines for the release of all student registration and record information according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
o Supervise and assist with graduation application pre-audits and curriculum variances.
o Supervise and assist with the granting and distribution of degrees and certificates.
o Partner with financial aid and business office to ensure regulatory guidelines are met.
o Monitor and process grade administration.
o Drop or suspend students for non-payment of tuition and fees, and no show drops.
* Supervise all course, program and related record keeping systems; ensure the optimum use of technology in systems development and maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
o Initiate setup of term and end of term processes, including enable grading, updating academic history and preparing Academic Standing letters.
o Maintain the official College Taxonomy of courses.
o Work in collaboration with other divisions of the College to provide for the effective creation and administration of the College catalog.
o Develop and disseminate the action calendar each semester that establishes reporting deadlines, college closings and registration and refund periods.
o Assist in the development and entry of course schedules and course schedule documents.
o Partner with Admissions to register dual and direct credit students.
o Partner with CPC and SSC to build student schedules, evaluate transfer classes and verify pre-requisite checks.
o Create academic calendars.
o Maintain and update Records webpages.
* Assist the Office of Institutional Research in the certification of enrollment records and the preparation of State of Michigan and federal government reports. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
o Ensure the correct reporting of annual contact hours for all courses offered.
o Certify enrollment as needed to remain in compliance with federal regulations.
o Oversee and certify student graduation information for National Student Clearinghouse and NSLDS.
* Supervise, evaluate and provide for the development of personnel who report directly to the Registrar.
* Monitor federal and state regulations that affect student enrollment, transfer, and veteran benefits.
* Provide advising to students as needed.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
7 years of experience, plus a Bachelor* s degree in an enrollment-related area is required.
3 years of experience, plus a Master* s degree in an enrollment-related area at the managerial level or above is preferred.
* Practices regarding student record standards.
* Direct experience with student information systems.
* Classroom scheduling software.
* Leadership skills.
* Excellent management with evidence of team building experience and collaboration.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills that include the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
* Ability to be hands on, multi-task and perform duties with minimal supervision in a fast paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions.
* Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review material for accuracy.
* Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Southwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for students, faculty and staff. The College complies with all federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination including Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and Title II and with all requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education.