$80K — $150K *
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr to Max. $50.82/hr – based on relevant experience
Day shift; full-time (36 hours); 7:00 AM-7:00 PM; 12 hour shift; every other weekend
1. Basic Human Needs - Responds to others' priorities regarding safety, physical, psychological and social needs.
The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs by demonstrating:
a. Attention to emotional, social, and self-esteem needs
b. Regular assessment and maintenance of comfort
c. Knowledge of basic physiology and pathophysiology
d. Knowledge of human emotions during health and illness
e. Knowledge of human development across the life span
f. Knowledge of pain and suffering, pain interventions and pain comfort/theories.
g. Provides safe patient care as evidenced by:
1. Using barcode medication verification (BMV) during medication administrations
2. Completing accurate documentation in the electronic health record
3. Completing assessments accurately and in a timely manner
4. Individualizing care plans specific to the needs of the patient
5. Providing consistent attention to airway, intake, elimination, sleep, rest, mobility and hygiene needs
2. Human Respect - Honors worth of humans through unconditional acceptance as evidenced by:
a. Handling of the body with care
b. Demonstrating knowledge of patient rights and incorporating into daily practice
c. Calling patients by their preferred name
d. Demonstrating use of eye contact and physical contact appropriately
e. Speaking respectfully and professionally in a soothing tone
3. Appreciation of Unique Meanings - Concerned with understanding others frame of reference.
The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
a. Using active listening
b. Exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
c. Tolerating both positive and negative ideas or expressions
d. Demonstrating flexibility
e. Eliciting patient values and preferences
f. Recognizing and appreciating diversity
g. Developing personal relationships with patients/significant others
4. Affiliation Needs - Engages family/caregivers in health care situations.
The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of affiliation needs by:
a. Demonstrating knowledge of individual patient's family situation and routines
b. Demonstrating knowledge of family theories
c. Being responsive to families
d. Engaging family members in health decisions per patients' wishes
e. Allowing family members' presence
f. Involving family
g. Conducting routine family meetings
h. Sharing available resources with families
i. Establishing, maintaining and discontinuing appropriately therapeutic relationships with patients/families
5. Mutual Problem Solving - Professional behaviors that help patients and families understand how to confront, learn about, and think about their health and illness; involves a reciprocal, shared approach with resulting decisions acceptable to involved parties.
The professional nurse demonstrates mutual problem solving by:
a. Providing information, using up to date literature, approved tools including EMMI and demonstrates knowledge of patient's unique learning approach.
b. Validating patient knowledge through use of teach back method
c. Accepting feedback from patients and adopting patient ideas
d. Prioritizing and individualizing care delivery based on professional judgment
e. Using listening skills and demonstrating knowledge of how to engage others
6. Attentive Reassurance - Listens and concentrates on others. Is reliable, available and attentive.
The professional nurse demonstrates attentive reassurance by being:
b. Accessible to patients and families
c. Available and re-confirming that availability
d. Confident; demonstrating assertiveness knowledge
f. Self-reliant and demonstrating self- knowledge
g. Clarifying mis-perceptions-Using HEART as needed
7. Encouraging Manner - The professional nurse communicates an attitude that is supportive, open, positive and tolerant by demonstrating:
a. Knowledge and effective use of THR communication tools (AIDET, HEART, Team STEPPs)
b. Supportive verbal and non-verbal demeanor
d. Positive feedback
e. Supportive view of the system
f. Empowering, inspiring behaviors
8. Healing Environment - The professional nurse creates settings that provide privacy, safety, confidentiality and tranquility demonstrated by:
a. Establishing a safe environment
b. Using frequent checks/surveillance including national patient safety goals(NPSG)
c. Providing safety information and associated teach-backs
d. Validating the call system is in place
e. Completing accurate, timely and comprehensive hand offs
f. Maintaining privacy and confidentiality
g. Ensuring clean and pleasant surroundings
h. Demonstrating knowledge of and effectively using TeamSTEPPS safety/communication tools.
i. Demonstrating knowledge of current evidence related to prevention of adverse outcomes.
j. Using safety enhancing technologies recognizing the benefits and limitations of them.
Valid through: 4/19/2021
$150K — $200K
11 days ago