Grants Pass Surgery Center is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our amazing team! If you are looking to get out of the hustle and bustle of a hospital setting, want more work/life balance and be part of a family environment, Grants Pass Surgery is waiting for you!
If you’ve had experience in pre-op, post-op, PACU, OR, ICU, etc. – APPLY TODAY!
We are an outpatient surgery center committed to providing the best possible experience to each of our patients. We strive to be responsive to patient, physician, community, and healthcare industry needs in the rapidly changing and complex healthcare delivery system. When we have open positions, we look for candidates who share our dedication to a high level of personalized, patient-centric care.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Function as a team member and works collaboratively and interdependently with fellow team members and other departments in the hospital. Open and sensitive to all team members' unique contributions. Copes well with stress and pressure. Maintains positive outlook. Shares information appropriately.
- Facilitation of learning for patients/families, nursing staff, and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates critical communication skills, including self-awareness, conflict management, negotiation, advocacy and listening. Leads by example. Spend time on most important work.
- Preserves and protects the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity and rights of our patients and their families.
- Completes assessments and formulates an individual plan for each patient. Identifies and helps resolve ethical and clinical concerns.
- Improves nursing practice and work environment through active participation in decision making processes in the unit.
- Participates in recognition program and recognizes the contributions of others.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have good organizational skills, work independently, educated on the use of equipment needed to perform procedures in the surgical department.
- Active participation by all members of surgical team.
- Counts, labeling of medications on and off the sterile field. Updates Dr. preference cards as needed.
- Serve as a preceptor to other staff members.
- Required to take call in accordance to hiring status.
- Assures H&P's are current and updated at time of procedure.
- Assures antibiotics are administered timely according to SCIP protocols.
- Accurately documents the times of each procedure. If two surgeons are performing two different procedures on the same patient times of both procedures are accurately documented.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
- Current OR state licensure required
- Current BLS required