Registered Nurse Supervisor - Cardiac Cath Lab (Charge RN)
We are looking for Registered Nurse Supervisor - Cardiac Cath Lab (Charge RN) for our client in El paso, TX
Job Title: Registered Nurse Supervisor - Cardiac Cath Lab (Charge RN)
Job Location: El paso, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Mixed (rotating weekends)
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Charge Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- The Charge Nurse will assist the Director in providing nursing leadership and demonstrates competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff.
- The Charge Nurse will supervise and provide feedback to the Director regarding patient care and is a clinical role model.
- In collaboration with the patient, the patient?s family, and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans.
- The Charge Nurse will be cross-trained to assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery, Non-invasive procedures to include EKG and stress testing. On-Call is required.
- Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units? specific patient population served.
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing required.
- Minimum of 2years experience as a registered nurse in Cath Lab/ Critical Care/ Telemetry is required.
Required License / Certification:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6months of hire.
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact State.
Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to understand and transfer physician?s orders and document in medical record.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic balloon pumping.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification.