At Walden we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we celebrate our employees, our patients and the communities we work with. In recruiting for our team we welcome the unique contributions only you can bring in terms of your education, culture, opinions, experience and background. Join us and find out how you can make a difference today.
Registered Nurse - 32h/week - Evenings
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Office, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, or designee.
This position is Full Time 32 hours per week with rotating weekends (3rd shift: 11:00pm-7:30am)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assume full and ultimate responsibility for the quality of nursing care provided to patients, including maintaining optimal patient health, teaching, counseling, collaborative planning and restoration of optimal function.
- Incorporate knowledge and understanding of our commitment to patient rights, our mission, vision, and values into nursing practice at Walden Behavioral Care.
- Act as a patient advocate and assists patient in developing skills to advocate for themselves
- Document all appropriate patient information in a timely manner
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments on all patients, inclusive of the biopsychosocial and medical history with consideration to age, mental, social and physical status and response.
- Complete and document ongoing assessment of patients’ normal and abnormal statuses and respond appropriately.
- Assess and communicate with the registered dietician any special nutritional or dietary requirements.
- Assess vital signs and report abnormalities to the physician.
- Develop patient specific crisis plans designed to assist patient in maintain safety and reducing need for external intervention.
- Actively participate in the development of patients’ master treatment plans with the treatment team.
- Practice within the general policies, philosophy, and objectives of the Department of Nursing and the hospital.
- Provide nursing care in a therapeutically effective manner demonstrating sound clinical and professional judgment and competency.
- Participate in community meetings and group therapies when assigned.
- Assess unit milieu and maintain a safe, therapeutic environment for patients, family members and staff.
- Complete patient rounds in a timely manner in accordance with unit requirements and accurately document patient observations the Patient Observation Record.
- Provide ongoing patient/family education relative to each patient.
- Accurately transcribe medication and treatment orders and maintain medication administration record (MAR).
- Accurately and safely administer prescribed medications and treatments to patients using correct methods of administration.
- Evaluate and document patient response top medication regimen and identify needs to administer PRN medication and document effectively.
- Assume charge nurse role, as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Minimum of 2 years’ prior relevant psychiatric experience
- Massachusetts RN license.
- CPR Certified, required prior to employment
- Must possess knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing processes, therapeutic relationships and processes, age specific growth and development, limit setting, behavior and crisis management
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize independently
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and fast paced mental health environment
- Ability to work in a highly collaborate, team environment
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Reports to Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, Nursing Supervisor, or designee
- General hospital environment.
About Walden Behavioral Care. Walden Behavioral Care is a rapidly-growing, national mental healthcare system specializing in the treatment of eating disorders and mental health conditions. We are one of the only organizations in the country to welcome individuals of all ages and all genders at all levels of care. Since 2003, we have helped more than 20,000 individuals progress in their path to healing. With 15 locations and more than 450 dedicated care professionals across Connecticut, Massachusetts and in Georgia, we are committed to changing lives, one person at a time. Using evidence-based treatment, proven to support long-term recovery, we are passionate about providing all individuals with the specialized care they need and deserve.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.