We are looking for Registered Nurse (RN) Peds Cardio Vascular Operating Room (CVOR) Open heart Surgery for our client in Dallas, TX
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Peds Cardio Vascular Operating Room (CVOR) Open heart Surgery
Job Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Monday-Thursday- 6am- 4pm OR Monday- Friday 10:30am-7pm
- The CVOR PEDI (Open Heart) RN (Registered Nurse) performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Open Heart Surgery Patients/Surgical Services.
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual OR patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process.
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding health care.
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in Surgical Services specific initiatives and process improvement.
- Promote a supportive OR environment.
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistants, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs.
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned.
- Support the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Provides pre and post-surgical care of patients ranging from infant to geriatrics who will have (or have had) general anesthesia, epidural/spinal anesthesia and IV sedation.
- Monitors all patients for airway and pain management.
- Proficient in interpretation of EKG changes, lab values and hemodynamic monitoring.
- Provides care to patients receiving high-risk intravenous therapies and blood components.
- Performs direct patient care in the peri-operative patient with duties related in developing a surgical plan of care throughout the continuum.
- Following competency verification; may perform and monitor conscious sedation and blood/blood products administration.
- Propose the plan of care for pre and post-operative/pre and post-procedure patient.
- ll complex procedures
- Tetralogy Fallot
- Arterial Switch
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Minimum of 2yr CVOR of prior experience.
- BSN Required within 24 month of hire.
- Current Texas RN License or valid compact license.