Registered Nurse (RN) Medsurg (Medical Surgical)
We are looking forRegistered Nurse (RN) Medsurg (Medical Surgical) for our client in Round Rock,TX
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Medsurg (Medical Surgical)
Job Location: Round Rock,TX
Job Type: Permanent
- This position, under the supervision of the Supervisor Nursing Unit or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
Duties:Takes responsibility for improving work process and the elimination of unnecessary activities.
- Actively assists the Supervisor of Nursing Unit and/or the Charge Nurse in the promotion of positive intra and inter departmental activities.
- Responds to the developmental needs of the patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient growth and development and by providing individualized patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and learning, needs.
- Demonstrates awareness of and a commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Round Rock Medical Center and the St. David's Healthcare Partnership.
- Maintains productivity by the flexible and efficient organization of patient care assignments and other duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving to meet changing departmental and patient needs.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Graduation from a NLN accredited school of nursing.
- 1 year of Med/Surg nursing experience; familiar with cardiac rhythms.
- AHA BLS at time of hire.
- Licensed in the state of Texas as RN.