We are looking for Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology for our client in El Paso, TX
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology
Job Location: El Paso, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full Time Days (rotating weekends) and Nights
- To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process.
- To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum College: AssociateDegree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
- Medical/Surgical Nursing experiencepreferred.
- Chemotherapy experiencepreferred.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BCLS certification.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.