We are looking for Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Behavioral Health for our client in Aventura, FL
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Behavioral Health
Job Location: Aventura, FL
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- Shift: Full-time
- Behavioral Health Services (BHS) department at Aventura Hospital and Medical Center offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient mental health services that are tailored to the patient.
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center provides adult acute inpatient psychiatric care, and is a Baker Act receiving facility that will treat a wide range of behavioral health diagnoses.
- Reporting to the Administrative Director, the Nursing Director will manage the operations and activities for the BHS units representing 56 inpatient beds.
- Manage daily operations of BHS to achieve quality improvement, fiscal/productivity goals and patient satisfaction.
- Collaborate w/Administrative Director, Hospital leadership and staff to work towards becoming a premier Psychiatric Center of Excellence facility.
- Develop procedures for evaluating the effectiveness of the programs? treatment process to assure the programs? goals and objectives and patient needs are being met.
- Supervise 80 employees.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable quality standards as well as federal, state and local licensure requirements, codes and regulations.
- Communicate programs/services to the general public, staff members, other professionals, and families of patients.
- Oversee the assessment of patients for admission into programs ensuring these services and admissionprocesses operate with a high level of efficiency on a 24/7 basis.
- Integrate Department?s services with the Hospital?s primary function, and facilitate collaborative and positive working relations between staff/physicians and all other non-psychiatric services.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida.
- Bachelor's required.
- MSN preferred in Mental Health Nursing, Psych Nursing or equivalent.
- Greater than 5 years clinical experience with acute inpatient Behavioral Health Services.
- Minimum 3 years Director level experience in acute BHS inpatient environment.
- MUST have short term acute hospital experience (recent/current) in behavioral health or at a freestanding psychiatric hospital.