The Clinical Supervisor , in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services, is responsible for the provision of high-quality patient care for home health clients in one Agency location. The Clinical Supervisor serves as the Director of Clinical Services in the absence of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Provides supervision and feedback to all clinical staff regarding direct patient care and documentation.
- Assist the Director of Clinical Services in the completion of in-home annual competency and evaluations.
- Facilities case management process with staff members, physicians, and referral sources.
- Maintains open lines of communication with all members of the continuum of the care team.
- Performs and documents intermittent skilled nursing visits as needed.
- Supervises patient careschedules to ensure continuity and quality.
- Monitors full-time equivalent productivity expectation and staffs to meet company objectives.
- Reviews all OASIS events documentation for completeness and 485s.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Services to ensure timely submissions of Final Claims within 10 calendar days.
- Coordinates OASIS submission to the State, reviews and corrects OASIS errors as necessary, validates reports.
- Reviews visit notes for content, accuracy, and Medicare criteria.
- Timely submission and completion of RAPS within 7 calendar days.
- Timely review and completion of OASIS within 5 calendar days.
- Participates in team conferences.
- Communicates with the Director of Clinical Services regarding issues requiring further training and education.
- Attends staff meetings, VPA meetings, and in-serves as required.
- Follows agency policies and procedures
- Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator and Director of Clinical Services.
- Unencumbered State professional nurse license.
- Two years supervisory experience in an inpatient hospital, home care agency, or residential facility preferred. Prior experience in a certified home care agency, including OASIS-C, is required.
- A current driver?s license with good driving history and proof of auto insurance.
- Proficiency in leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to assess patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
- Proficiency in personal computer use, including e-mail, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: