???????We are looking for Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit for our client in Charleston, SC
Job Title: Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit
Job Location: Charleston, SC
Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Registered Nurse Progressive Care Unit
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Days and Nights (Prefer Nights) (rotating weekends)
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to administer, analyze and appraise the care given to patients within the Department.
- To advise the Department Director regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes.
- To anticipate and estimate future needs of the Department to improve quality of patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, including, but not limited to: scheduling to maintain staffing ratios according to patient acuity and productivity, organization of patient flow (i.e. ? room allocation, transfers, add-ons, cancellations and delays).
- Coordinates activities with other patient care units.
- Collaborates with surgeon, anesthesia and administration to provide an optimally utilized, efficient schedule.
- Responsible for patient care activities and evaluation of the nursing processes practiced on the unit, serving as a clinical resource for staff, assisting in orientation and in-service training.
- Assists O.R. manager in planning/organizing orientation and in-services and participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Identifies opportunities to standardize processes that will lead to increased safety; participates in safety education programs and root cause analyses as required.
- Responsible for the development of unit based performance improvement efforts.
- Ensures department specific policies meet the current standards of care.
- Reviews and approves employee timekeeping.
- Assists O.R. Manager with employee evaluation.
- Assists O.R. Manager in evaluating applicants for hire.
- Assists staff by providing patient nursing care, functioning as OR RN when needed.
- Participates in hospital wide quality assessments and performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in hospital committees as required.
- Participates in compliance programs such as HIPAA, safety training, in-service, etc.
- Ensures evidence based practice and standard compliance is maintained in care provided within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing.
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS ? Healthcare provider on hire (American Heart Association).
- ACLS Certification on hire or within 6months of hire or transfer date.
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire.