Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
Not Specified years
Posted 42 days ago
Looking for Geriatric Registered Nurses, who will commit themselves to providing our residents with efficient, courteous and compassionate care. This position carries out all geriatric nursing care, treatment and services in a professional and prescribed manner within the scope of license and in accordance with the physician's orders. Provides a safe, therapeutic and hygienic environment. Assigns and oversees duties of subordinate staff. Provides a variety of nursing care for infirm Veterans/Members. Trains subordinate staff in specific clinical care. Observes and assesses Veteran/Member behavior and physical condition. Administers medical treatment and intervention according to the plan of care. Acts as lead or performs limited supervision on an assignment. Incorporates culture change in the form of Veteran/Member-centered care in the performance of job duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Gerontological/geriatric nursing theory and practice.
- Resident condition and changing medical, physical, and psychological care needs.
- Effects of the aging process.
- Practices and procedures of team nursing.
- Practices and procedures for developing treatment plans for resident/patient care.
- Practices and procedures of pharmacology and medicines.
- Federal, State and agency laws, rules and regulations governing general professional nursing
- Security, control and dispensing of medical supplies and medications.
- Verbal and written communications
- Professional nursing methods and techniques
- Observing and assessing behavior and progress of residents/patients.
- Applying and interpreting State and Agency laws and regulations governing geriatric nursing
- Developing and implementing patient care plans within a team nursing concept.
- Instruct and lead others.
- Assess client needs and evaluate usefulness or suitability of resources.
- Work with difficult people; establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients,
client families, team members and service providers.
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S):
1. Candidate Resume
2. Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
3. 7 year background check including OIG/SAM name clearance check
4. CPR/BLS Card
5. TB Skin Test – must be completed within 6 months of first shift
6. License/Certification for Position
7. Skills Assessment Checklist
8. Hepatitis B vaccination or declination of offered vaccine
9. Competency Tests
10. Yearly Mandatory In-Services (HIPPA, OHSA, etc.)
11. Drug Screen