Job Type: Permanent
- Seeking Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical Oncology
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time Days and Nights (Rotating Weekends) (7p-7a)
- Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process.
- To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team to deliver quality care in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of CMC.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient?s right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient?s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance per policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AssociateDegree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required.
- State of Georgia RN License required.
- BLS ? AHA Healthcare Provider.
- 1-3Years Acute care experiencepreferred.
- Oncology, Chemotherapy Experiencepreferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Read and write basic English.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Basic computer skills.