Capitol Home Health & Hospice - Houston, TX
Capitol is a dynamic family owned and operated an agency that specializes in Home Health, Hospice and Senior Care.
The Registered Nurse builds from the sources of the community to devise, arrange, and direct home care services with an emphasis on network fitness schooling/experience to meet the wishes of sufferers and their own family members within their homes and communities. The professional will perform their task obligations in accordance with health practitioner orders and plan of care beneath the path and supervision of the Director of clinical services/Nursing supervisor.
Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status change.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician. Provides direct patient care as defined in the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas in good standing with regulatory boards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of (2) years experience in Home Health.
- Excellent observation, verbal, and communication skills
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Current car insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN)