$80K — $100K *
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager of Diabetes and Community Health, the Home Dialysis Nurse is responsible for providing education, training and support to the patient and family. The Home Dialysis Nurse works in collaboration with the Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Clinic team. The clinical responsibilities of this position are to perform assessments on patients referred from hemodialysis and the CKD clinic to determine the patients′ suitability for the Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) program or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) (in collaboration with Home Hemodialysis Team and Independent Dialysis Coordinator for CKD). They are also responsible for education, training and counselling for peritoneal dialysis and Home Hemodialysis patients, they liaise within an inter-professional team to support PD and HHD patients and their families, they maintain accurate documentation, make routine and periodic visits to patient's homes, coordinates the care of PD and HHD patients when the patient is hospitalized and provides follow-up telephone assessments and consultations with patients or family members as necessary.
The Home Dialysis Nurse maintains professional development by attending or participating in seminars and conferences relevant to the care of the PD/HHD patient and patients with chronic kidney disease and participates in on-going initiatives. Maintains a current knowledge base regarding best practice and relevant evidence based research regarding care for the PD/HHD patient and patients with chronic kidney disease, collects and analyzes data related to identified Performance Improvement Initiatives.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Demonstrated clinical expertise in Hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis preferred
• CNA Certification in Nephrology required or completion of Nephrology Nursing Certificate
• Understanding of the principles of adult education and demonstrated ability to apply those principles
• Minimum of 3-5 years of Nephrology nursing experience in working in Home Dialysis providing Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Hemodialysis care
• Previous experience in the area of patient education an asset
• Working knowledge and clinical experience with the Baxter & Fresenius Peritoneal Dialysis Systems
• Working knowledge and clinical experience with AK95/96/98 and NxStage Dialysis Machine
• Clinical knowledge and understanding of the CSN,KDOQI, KDIGO and ISPD Clinical Practice Guidelines
• Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
• Familiarity with data collection and quality improvement related to tracking peritonitis and patient adequacy
• Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
• Driving License
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
• Ability to speak another language
• Computer literacy and or familiarity with e-documentation
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Valid through: 1/24/2022
$80K — $100K *
53 days ago