Our client is a leading national provider of in-home healthcare services with 40,000 employees operating in 35 states and the District of Columbia – reaching 60 percent of the U.S. population aged 65 and older. They provide high-quality care to patients through our home health, hospice, home and community-based services, and facility-based care
Registered Nurse Executive Director
The Home & Community Based Services Executive Director is responsible for the administration of the day to day operations of the community-based services business line. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company, responsible for eligibility and admission of the client and supervision of care provided, implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations and enhancing the profitability of the agency. Providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the agency.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensure maintenance of records to support competency of all personnel
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the Team.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meetings.
- Evaluating performance of staff and identifying and implementing methods of professional development as needed.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records. Ensures compliance to policy.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of client records.
- Oversee staffing requests and the ability to meet employee needs. Taking appropriate action as needed to provide quality service.
- Coordinates admission of all patients.
- Monitors client charts. Updates Plan of Care at least every 3 months to make sure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Inputs client information into CBS System in a timely manner. Makes sure information is complete, accurate, and current.
- Ensures all appropriate and updated employee staffing/scheduling comments are in the computer, including but not limited to DNU (do not use) status.
- Maintains good working relationships with clients and employees.
- Provides supervision to direct reports.
- Responds promptly to all hourly care and insurance case referrals.
- Documents all employee and client related activities in a timely manner.
- Supervises daily office activities to ensure that effective and efficient operations are in place to provide quality service and assist as needed.
- Develops and works within quarterly/annual office budget.
- Participates in orientation and in-services education as needed.
- Reviews weekly operations reports, weekly metrics, productivity and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Responds to and effectively deals with client and employee complaints and problems.
- Participates in the QAPI program. Ensures follow-up on any required action plans.
- Accessible and available during all hours in which services are being provided to clients
- Ensures phones are answered promptly with messages accurately documented and delivered to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for weekly face to face sales calls.
- Case Management of clients/patients as appropriate.
- One year of Home Care management experience preferred.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
- Must be a Licensed RN in Ohio