We are looking for Registered Nurse Director Womens and Childrens Services for our client in Plano, TX
Job Title: Registered Nurse Director Womens and Childrens Services
Job Location: Plano, TX
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: Full-time (No Weekends)
- The Women?s and Children?s Services Director is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all functions of the department(s) in order to support the stated mission, vision and values of Medical Center of Plano and the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and promote, advocate and support the nursing staff?s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family or community.
- It is expected that the Director will effectively operate the department, continue the improvement of the department?s processes and outcomes, comply with hospital and corporate policy and procedures, efficiently manage finances and resources, promote teamwork and customer satisfaction, and integrate the department services into the organization?s overall plan for delivery of care and service.
- Coordinate/integrate department services with the hospital?s primary function.
- Develop/implement policies/procedures that guide/support evidenced based practices and the provision of services.
- Coordinate all department services placing patient safety as the primary goal.
- Exercise independent judgment within the context of interdisciplinary patient care
- Develop systems of care to promote patient centered care and achieve optimal patient satisfaction
- Provide care/treatment/services within the theoretical framework of modeling and role-modeling
- Delegate tasks appropriate to meet the needs of the individual patient and to the skills of the employee supervised.
- Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
- Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services.
- Determine the qualifications/competence of personnel.
- Continuously assess/improve department?s performance.
- Maintain/implement quality control programs, patient safety and performance improvement programs
- Provide for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education and development of staff.
- Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services.
- Identify and select outside sources for needed services.
- Promote involvement of self and staff in health promotion/educational community involvement, life time learning and nursing research.
- Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
- Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
- Education: BSN, Masters Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Experience: 10 years nursing, 5 years management.
- Licensure and Certifications: Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted, national specialty certification preferred.
- Special Skills and Qualifications: Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing.