This position provides strategic leadership and administration in the areas of patient care, education, safety and quality in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position promotes a professional practice environment and develops and maintains collegial and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the institution to positively impact the business of clinical operations, nursing and patient care outcomes. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders. Responsibilities include all aspects of clinical operations, clinician and patient/family education, customer service, patient safety, financial outcomes, and quality outcome management and regulatory compliance.
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
- Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Creates processes for sharing information and decision-making across care settings and roles. Develops strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization to positively impact business, nursing and patient outcomes. Oversees the management of financial, human and material resources, to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and policies. Creates and supports a clinical practice environment focused on nursing professional autonomy, inter-professional collaboration and innovation.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
- Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
- Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
BSN or MSN required for all new hires to the position after July 1 2013.Incumbents in the position as of July 1, 2013 must possess their BSN or MSN by July 1, 2015.Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a masters degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. Requires BLS certification.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 3-5 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Requires strong written and oral communication skills. Must demonstrate strong decision-making and critical thinking skills along with the ability to lead change.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Job Number 236367