This position manages workflow of assigned customer service activities and is a member of the I/T customer support leadership team. This position is responsible for providing user level support for I/T activities, clinical informatics or nonclinical applications depending on designated area, across multiple locations, as assigned. This position is responsible for managing the workflow of the assigned team, ensuring timely customer interactions. The functional areas that this position provides I/T user support for may include desktop support, telecommunications, facility infrastructure, cabling, clinical informatics, and facility-based processes related to clinical documentation in the EMR.
- Identifies, prioritizes, directs and schedules customer requests and routine assignments. Ensures that appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical and technical needs. Follow-ups on customer requests to assure the final product has been delivered to meet expectations. Utilizes problem solving techniques to independently triage problems as they relate to business or clinical applications. This may with networkinfrastructure, business/clinical or product line specific applications.
- Establishes departmental objectives and develop effective tools to measure and report performance against these objectives. Plans and develops detailed specifications for I/T assignments, assess the quality of delivered services and implement quality improvement action plans.
- Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the staff. This position is also accountable for participating in the development and implementation of goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively.
- Assists I/T leadership in developing annual operational budgets. Assists leadership in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis.
- Participates and may lead in task forces and councils. This includes participating in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs to increase facility/business entity operations efficiency and effectiveness, as well as ensure the delivery of quality customer service and support.
Must possess strong knowledge of business and technology as is normally obtained through the completion of a bachelors degree in related.
Certain assignments require a Registered Nurse (R.N.) with licensure in practicing state.
Individual must also have progressive experience in a healthcare environment, or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 4+ years.
Requires demonstrated leadership experience in project planning, reporting, and/or budgeting. Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain staff. As is typical in this industry, a pager may be required.
Job Number 208149