Job Description Summary
The Registered Nurse Case Manager plans, organizes, and directs home care services. He/She is an experienced nurse with an emphasis on community health education or home health. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of the individual and their family within the home setting. The Registered Nurse Case Manager respects and promotes the mission, vision, and values of VNHC.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for continuous review of all aspects of every patient on his/her caseload to include: appropriate utilization of services; ensuring continued skilled need; monitoring of homebound status; review of documentation in the medical record; maintenance of interdisciplinary communication and discharge planning.
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es). Admits to appropriate level of service/ care.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Provides supervision of LVN's and home health aides per CHAP standard and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible to reassess the patient within 24 hours following a change in condition or discharge from an inpatient setting. Case manager should be the first RN to visit the patient status post hospitalization; updates the plan of care.
- Accountable for financial resources and eligibility under various third party payor sources, Medicare and Medical.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Knowledge of state, federal, local and accreditation (CHAP) regulations for the delivery of home health services.
Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Best in class medical, dental, vision insurance benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan available
- Paid time off
- Referral bonus
- Fitness subsidies available
- Public transportation subsidies available