We’re a global, mid-size CRO that pushes boundaries, innovates and invents — because the path to a cure for the world’s most persist diseases is not paved by those who play it safe, but by those who take pioneering, creative approaches, and implement them with quality and excellence. We are experts, bright thinkers, dreamers and doers and, together, we are changing the way the world experiences CROs, in the best possible way.
SUMMARY: The Regional Workplace Manager is responsible for managing workplaces effectively across multiple locations within their region that enable employees to be productive, efficient and safe. The Regional Workplace Manager is responsible for direct reports within their region and developing, documenting and maintaining processes to enable effective workplaces.
Successful candidates will have experience with office relocations. This position will involve periodic travel to Austin, TX and King of Prussia, PA.
- Responsible for delivering workplaces in their region that provide a positive, professional and functional working environment for employees and visitors. They will collaborate with stakeholders – including the People Team – to ensure that the workplace has the amenities and facilities to enable employees to be productive and efficient whilst enhancing the employer brand and reinforcing the culture of the company.
- Management of direct reports, including optimum resource planning, hiring, performance management development requirements and absence management.
- Support to local CONNECT teams to enable them to execute local events to engage employees and help the local community.
- Business Continuity Plans for workplaces within their region. This includes regular testing of the Business Continuity Plans and all associated documentation completed in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Resolutions to lease queries involving workplaces within their region, including assistance with lease extensions, consolidations, relocations and openings.
- Workplace metrics on a wide range of topics including utilization, environmental impact and spend. Capturing, documenting and updating metrics to necessary timescales.
- Organization of vendors that provide workplace services, including selection, tendering, management and termination of vendor services as required to enable a reduction of 5% of vendor spend within the next three years.
- Accountability of vendors to their service level expectations. Identifying, tracking and resolving and service-related issues that occur.
- Informative SharePoint content relating to their department and their workplaces.
- Identification, documentation and implementation of process improvements and other initiatives across their region to benefit both office-based and home-based employees.
- Understanding the diverse cultures across their region and legislations across the different countries the company operates in.
- Establishing methods to gather metrics data and empowering direct reports to assist in data gathering and entry.
- Managing successful relationships with a large number of stakeholders whilst working on multiple projects.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize, organize and be flexible where needed with high attention to detail and a desire to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders.
- Ability and enjoyment of working on a wide range of tasks and projects.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office products and an ability to learn and adapt to new technology and systems
- Capacity to plan, deliver and communicate complex change management
- Effective verbal & written communication
- 5+ years of experience in workplace management. International workplace management is preferred.
- 2+ years of managing a team of Administrative / Support staff
- Experience working in a fast-moving organization with a compliance focus and a high proportion of remote employees, preferably in a pharmaceutical or medical industry or an outsourcing provider
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Experience managing relationships with third-party vendors
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications with ability to generate products that are suitable to internal and external use
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred