Job Title Regional Workers’ Compensation Manager
Country United States
Posting Location Mt. Vernon, IL
Job Description Overview
In this role you will be responsible for leading and monitoring Continental’s Workers’ Compensation programs with in the US. This includes Corporate and Manufacturing sites. Responsible for developing and collaborating successful partnerships between associates, third party administrators (TPAs), internal business partners and external service providers.
• Ensures business is aligned with state specific Workers’ Compensation regulations and Continental policies and guidelines
• Review onsite Medical and Safety open claims and any potential new claims on a regular basis.
• Point of contact for all documentation regarding incident. This includes internal safety notify and investigation details as well as any health information relevant to the claim from outside medical providers and treatment notes. Health information is limited to medical related to the injury.
• Be able to assess the medical, vocational, behavioral, etc. needs of an injured associate via a combination of face to face, telephonic and written correspondence as needed.
• Provide all relevant documentation regarding work related incidents to Safety, onsite healthcare providers, Leave of Absence (LOA) team and TPA to assist in the determination of compensability, recordability and recording keeping requirements. This includes a resolving mechanism of injury, work restrictions, and handling the information related to work related injury/illness.
• Initial and ongoing point of contact to internal and external business partners for the duration of the claim and for all written and telephonic correspondence regarding the claim.
• Communicate with providers and with in the organization to review treatment notes, ask for clarification when necessary, follow-up after initial appointments as well as scheduling appointments in conjunction with TPA if a referral to a specialist is required.
• Ensures confidentiality of claims records.
• Ensures that the TPA handles the claims diligently, partners with Risk Management and Legal to handle relevant claim details, implement plan for timely resolution of claims.
• Review medical notes as and treatment to verify appropriateness and reviews with TPA for causation and possible subrogation opportunities.
• Partner with multiple departments to coordinate and lead Return to Work programs for employees to ensure that work restriction and transitional work guidelines are being adhered to. Provide transitional work letter to associates.
• Maintain consistent uniform records for each claim and partner cross functionally to address any re occurring root causes.
• Review all medical providers and/or panels annually and ensure Continental is in compliance with state guidelines regarding panels. Where applicable, ensure all appropriate authorization and forms are signed and processed.
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• 7+ years’ experience in Workers’ Compensation in both Corporate and Manufacturing environments
• In depth knowledge of Federal and State requirements and laws
• Good Written and Verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel 30-40% of the time
No Sponsorship for this role.