The Regional Warehouse Operations manager is responsible for overseeing the warehousing operations and supervising the warehouse managers across the assigned region.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Implement standard warehouse operations processes for receiving, storing, picking, kitting, and shipping.
• Achieve warehouse operations KPIs such as, but not limited to, Perfect Order, On-Time Delivery, Dock-to-Stock, and Inventory cycle count accuracy.
• Develop optimal warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems to drive operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
• Develop warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; comply with legal regulations.
• Secure property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinate patrols with security department.
• Accomplish warehouse operations human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures; promoting corporate values.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Liaise with vendors and general contractors to receive feedback on warehouse operations performance and ensure both internal/external Customer Satisfaction.
• Liaise and oversee third party warehouse operations to ensure compliance with SLA and KPIs.
• Ensure use of Vendor Asset Scanning Tool (VAST) to monitor AT&T assigned assets.
• Develop standard reporting for volumetrics (Ins/Outs), dead inventories, quarantined inventories, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- BS in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- 10+ years’ experience in warehouse operations management
- 4+ years’ experience in Telecom supply industry preferred
- Excellent managerial and training skills
- Experience with ORACLE warehouse management tools
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing KPIs
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- Travel required: 25%