Responsible for providing direction and oversight for all Inside Plant Operations across the Region. Drives to ensure structured, consistent and disciplined operational practices to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Supports Regional operations including the hub and headend operations, critical infrastructure and preventative maintenance. Leads and directs project planning, capital expenditures and assists with the business and facility plan development. Ensures a high degree of cross functional communication and participation in line with product deployment and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the Sr. Director or VP of ISP develops an effective Inside Plant Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Leads a structured and disciplined work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Ensures oversight of designated inside plant operations which include facilities, powering, cooling, cabling, TVRO, FCC Compliance and provides direct hands on support for other network operations teams for all Headends and Hubs are to company standards.
- Provides engineering operational support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluates and consults with Regional and Corporate levels of leadership regarding technical operations, strategic planning, construction, system technicians and network operations.
- Ensures compliance with quality control programs for inside plant operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Leads and directs capital budget process for ISP within Region, execute approved budget plan.
- Ensures current procedures and tests are performed in accordance with Charter Policy and Federal Communication Commission Standards.
- Oversees and ensures the maintenance of records as required by Charter Policy, Federal Communications Commission and other government agencies.
- Ensures adherence to company TQA policies.
- Leads and participates in succession planning.
- Performs other duties as requested.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum fifteen (15) years engineering experience
- Minimum seven (7) years management experience
- At least seven (7) years project management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Advanced Knowledge of HFC
- Must handle multiple projects and tasks and to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Advanced knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations and an understanding of OSHA rules and regulations, both federal and state
- Comprehensive understanding of HVAC and power distribution systems
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory and Electronic theory and Fiber Optic theory
- Knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations and National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- 50% Travel Required
Requisition Number: 236980BR