The Regional Vice President, Business Development is focused on growing Sound Physicians through new contracts in the region. The Vice President will participate in the leadership team by spearheading the following:
Lead organic growth efforts, including:
- Development of regional strategy, leading the response to all inquiries, RFPs and bids
- Personally manage specific opportunities
- Identify improvement opportunities to more efficiently and effectively reach our growth targets, including:
- Development of lead generation tactics (e.g. meetings, telemarketing, networking)
- Assessment of all sales practices, investments in staff and sales activities
- Collaborate with the Business Development team on the appropriate messaging and differentiating Sound Physicians' story
- The RVP Business Development maintains collaborative working relationships with Sound Physicians' Executive Team and with the Group/Regional Vice Presidents of Operations with whom he/she shares growth responsibilities for their respective regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the management of the sales processes and annual performance targets for Sound Physicians in the region, including the conducting of all Business Development Committee Meetings, Acquisition Meetings, Regional Business Development reviews.
- Builds strong relationships and communication channels with 1) potential hospital clients, with particular emphasis on developing positive relationships with hospital senior executives and 2) national and regional healthcare consultants.
- Supports the efforts of the Regional Teams (CMO and RVP) in the development of sales opportunities.
- Collaborates on refining Sound Physicians' messaging and delivering a differentiated story to potential clients.
DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven thought leadership, command of unique ideas, an understanding of the healthcare environment and demonstrated sales acumen and results.
- Ability to maintain a high level of new business development activity with full sales cycle responsibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing accounts, developing vertical sales channels, and building strong relationships with business partners.
- Experience in partner negotiations.
- Proven ability to analyze the industry marketplace and develop an 'industry expert' understanding to support the business strategy and inform the product growth initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience working with C-Level healthcare executives and physician leaders.
- Participate in the development of tools that generate leads and/or convey the value of Sound Physicians' offering.
- Projects may include developing interactive tools (ROI calculators) and collateral ("tear sheets", case studies, white papers, etc).
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible business development experience in clinical service delivery in a hospital or other clinical services setting.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience with a concentration in finance, healthcare administration or business administration. A Master's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent quantitative and analytic skills, and solid critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated superior skills and abilities in active listening, time management, oral and written communications.
- Familiarity with hospital, ancillary and clinic operations and core business and financial processes preferred.
- Experience developing compelling RFP's.
- Outstanding computer skills including solid knowledge of spreadsheets (MS Excel), word processing (MS Word), building professional presentations (MS PowerPoint and Visio), and email and calendaring (MS Outlook).
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time.