Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Regional Vice President to join us in Orlando, FL region.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Regional VP of Surgical Sales must meet and exceed sales and profit targets across all business segments through the continuous development, motivation, training and management of sales team within assigned geographic region. Accelerate profitable growth by leveraging the combined strengths of all surgical businesses to deliver superior customer value.
As a Regional VP working on the Surgical Sales team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. A typical day for you will include:
* Continuously improving sales team through strong recruitment, hiring, training, development, motivation and management.
* Supporting the development and successful execution of annual territory business plans to meet and exceed region's numeric objectives.
* Managing and positively influencing each sales representative's daily activities, monthly sales forecasts, business plan updates, etc.
* Managing regional expense budget to include participation in local trade shows events, travel, telephone, repairs, promotion and sample expenditures.
* Ensuring all Company assets are carefully managed and maintained.
* Managing and cultivating strategic account and clinical relationships within region, as well as support and monitor key relationships involving sales representatives and other Company personnel.
* Building and maintaining a comprehensive needs assessment and business plan for each strategic account in order to deliver superior value to the customer, and accelerated, profitable growth for the Company.
* Developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of strategically important Olympus product lines to successfully execute essential duties and responsibilities.
* Communicating competitive activities and market opportunities to appropriate internal parties.
* Performing other related tasks such as representation at national and regional events, support of corporate initiatives, etc, as requested or assigned.
* Performing all other essential duties as directed.
* Bachelor's Degree is required; Master's Degree is a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of successful medical device sales and or sales management experience.
* Ability to travel 70% of time.
* Superior Business Acumen defined as possessing the understanding of key business drivers for performance and use of sound business applications is highly preferred.
* Comprehensive understanding of what business drivers promote growth, profitability and cash flow is essential.
* Ability to use sound commercial principles in all areas of responsibility is necessary.
* Ability to understand and incorporate Olympus financial statements, performance measures and key metrics to positively impact the company's revenues and profits is preferred.
* Ability to identify obstacles that impede a new sale defining a solution which results in the creation of an ideal business approach and outcome is a must.
* Must be able to negotiate with diverse customers segments, focusing on positively moving forward opportunities that are jammed by usage of creative solutions.
* Ability to think strategically, specifically to long term Olympus business plans, goals and needs for the Region and Area is necessary.
* Must possess an aptitude to effectively create a vision for the future.
* Ability to understand the broad view of a strategic position while continuing to manage day to day operational processes is desired.
* Must understand underlying problems, opportunities and internal or external politics influencing mid and long term Olympus business strategies and tactics.
* Must have ability to manage, lead, guide and motivate four sales teams using a defined selling process that is multi level and high value in nature to deliver exponential growth in new customer acquisitions, revenue and profits.
* Must possess ability to build a team environment by fostering initiatives, responsibility and accountability for the advancement of Olympus goals and objectives.
* Ability to identify talent, motivate and support people to learn through coaching and mentoring is essential.
* Must be adept in delegating effectively to help sales teams increase their skills and level of responsibility.
* Must be able to demonstrate an empowerment of sales teams by encouraging employee feedback and involvement in team decisions.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships from C Suite to Clinical Leadership Management are preferred.
* Must be able to gather feedback in terms of what is and is not working with desire to share best practices.
* Ability to work collaboratively with others to reduce organizational silos is essential.
* Must be an ethical self starter who is inheritably professional, possesses unquestionable integrity and displays exceptional listening skills with high level competency for verbal written communications.
* Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are necessary.