The Regional Vice President East role will oversee our growing number of studios on the East Coast. The position will oversee the performance and growth of our studios through exceeding sales, hiring, developing and motivating sales teams. You'll set and monitor Area goals; determines, manages and delegates Studio priorities; evaluates and coaches employees. You will address sub-standard performance and recognizing achievement. You will report into the Senior Vice President, Direct toConsumer.
What you'll do:
You'll have opportunities to design, achieve and build relationships every day as you...
- Partner with SVP - Direct to Consumer to set sales targets to meet overall DWR sales goals.
- Engage with HQ departments within DWR.
- Evaluate the performance and activities of the Sales Team, making adjustments as needed todeploy resources.
- Be a resource for Sales professionals regarding proposals, closing the sale, and market plan development selling activities.
- Lead a team of Area Managers with Studio Proprietors who are located remotely.
- Manage sales information by using Salesforce to provide accurate reporting of selling activity and forecasts expected Sales volume.
- Conduct all Sales activities and processes within the parameters of the DWR Sales process, using corporate resources provided.
- Manage within assigned expense budget.
- Drive sales and service through goal setting, coaching, motivating/inspiring, development, and recognition
- Achieve/exceeds Area goals
- Ensure Area/Studio represents the best in design through visual directives, presentation and general housekeeping standards
- Maximize sales and profitability through interpretation of visual goals and directives (regular, promotional, etc.) to create a strong visual impact
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment
- Build positive working relationships with studio teams, Area Manager and SVP - Direct toConsumers to share insights and best practices
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities...
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Design, Architecture, Marketing, or related field of study; Master's degree in Design, Architecture, and/or Business preferred; equivalent level of experience considered if evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Minimum ten+ years of successful Sales Leadership experience, demonstrating experience with leadership success and knowledge of the retail industry.
- Some knowledge of Design Within Reach products (applications), services, culture, and the ability to distinguish Design Within Reach products/services from the competition.
- Design skills/background and a passion for the design profession and other creative pursuits.
- Represent Design Within Reach to gain a high level of confidence from a diverse group of customers.
- Excel in a changing environment, at all levels of the organization, and able to build long-termrelationships with customers/partners (particularly at senior decision-making levels within an organization).
- Have a love for new ideas and have an ability to create/explore/clarify them, and have a passion for the Sales process with an understanding of its foundations, looking for opportunities, calculating risk, and committing to action.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and business ethics.
- Are financially literate, possess business acumen, and be profit conscious.
- Use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Design Within Reach office environment.
- Travel is required.
As a Regional Vice President - East, you'll be eligible for DWR's comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, parental leave, green transit subsidy andmore.