As the RVP of Operations, you oversee the success of multiple facilities within a designated region. You direct, plan and coordinate the facility leadership within your region, ensuring the General Managers have the tools, training, and staff necessary to meet established goals.
You will work closely with the sales team and customers to ensure needs are being met as well as identifying growth opportunities. As the RVP, you implement Lean principles to develop management teams within your facilities while establishing cohesiveness and synergy across your region. You ensure your leadership teams have the tools, training and resources to drive, plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations to meet established goals. You will excel in this position because you are a natural leader who is comfortable mentoring, instructing and training team members to be successful at every level.
Your success is a result of your continuous improvement, Lean, operational excellence mindset. Your Team is critical to your success, so you are heavily involved in the interviewing, hiring, and training of key team members. Your management style fosters an environment that allows team members to safely and successfully perform daily responsibilities and meet established expectations.
You thrive in our fast pace environment because of your sense of urgency, open door communication style and ability to generate new ideas. You also model respect, teamwork, a positive attitude and safety consciousness that are essential to this role.
- Directs and assists facility management in the development, production, promotion and financial aspects of the company’s products and services.
- Establishes warehouse performance objectives and strategic planning. Has complete P&L responsibility.
- Plans and directs warehouse operations, maintenance, and office support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Oversees the day to day operation of the facilities through facility management.
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to Revenue to Labor, Labor Management, customer service, profits, and employees.
- Develops and manages system of control to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Directs sales efforts in conjunction with national sales team to meet volume, revenue, and operating goals.
- Participates in company marketing and sales efforts, including planning new account strategies, prospecting for new accounts, making sales calls, generating positive word of mouth, developing and quoting rates, negotiating contracts, and closing sales.
- Maintains customer contact.
- Monitors and controls budgets, capital expenditures, material handling equipment and efficient space utilization to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Directs proper inventory control and sanitation/food safety standards in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures that all operations are carried out in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes.
- Fast paced work environment with, in and around industrial machinery.
- Cold storage environment. Warehouse bays are kept at a constant 32 degrees (and below zero in certain areas). Ability to withstand cold storage temps for extended periods of time (warm gear provided by company).
- Noise level varies and at times and can be loud.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 10 years of Operations Management experience in the Supply Chain world
- Strong communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one—on—one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proven ability to use basic mathematical skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Capable of becoming certified to operate all the equipment used in the warehouse.
- Available to work different shifts as necessary and available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Must be willing and able to frequently stand, walk, crawl, climb, push, pull, kneel, bend and reach.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with our without reasonable assistance.
- Must be able to perform in all areas that hourly employees are performing with the manual dexterity required.
Lineage Team Members:
- Continually meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others.
- Demonstrate complete commitment to a culture of safety. Promote a safe work environment through personal actions and identifying any safety concerns.
- Treat all team members with a respect while demonstrating positive work attitude and leadership skills.
- Take initiative to continually improve performance and work processes through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas.
- Work with a sense of urgency to complete tasks safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance in productivity, quality, safety, and attendance