The Vice President of Business Development is responsible for the ongoing leadership and management of all Business Development activity within FirstService Residential Texas. Key responsibilities include: driving client growth, associate development and retention, achieving identified growth and financial goals, implementing best practices and being aware of internal and external factors which may influence business performance.
As a result of individual and team performance, this leader is a sought out business partner and "go to" person for business development needs and issues. As a member of FirstService Residential Texas' Leadership Team, this leader is a believer in and an active supporter of FirstService Residential Texas and its brand in terms of image, reputation, differentiation, and professionalism.
- Lead the Business Development Team (e.g., takeover sales) to ensure company growth objectives are met within each region of business.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the Business Development staff.
- Supervise, train and develop Business Development staff.
- Set operational and/or performance goals for each Business Unit in partnership with company leadership.
- Prepare and ensure the distribution of reports and analyses that illustrate process effectiveness. (weekly monthly sales reports)
- Responsible for managing positive client relationships by addressing operational issues and facilitating client relationships with internal partners within each Business Unit.
- Coordination of the production and delivery of management contracts to the designated sales lead in partnership with corporate accounting, Vice President of Business Developments and company executives.
- Fully understands and is able to speak/negotiate to the various contract elements and their meaning/purpose in a concise, friendly and effective way.
- Coordination, production and delivery of weekly sales target result reports to corporate databases.
- Maintains file and pertinent data/material on industry competition specific to regional service offerings, regional footprints, etc.
- Proficient and effective at giving client presentations and closing deals. In addition, this position, along with the assistance of administrative personnel, will have the responsibility for the coordination and/or strategy of sale presentations -- date, time location, agenda, handouts, internal department tour coordination, etc.
- Identifies new initiatives and opportunities both within and outside of existing business development programs/services.
- Translate business needs into operational realities by maintaining high performance standards, working effectively and by using a collaborative style.
- Responsible for department budget monitoring, which includes the creation and approval of department budget and business plan.
- Oversees the preparation of the department communications, which may include but is not limited to: newsletters/collateral material, web-site content, direct mailings, client gifts, client entertainment, etc.
- Leads both internal and external business development meetings and/or events.
- Ensure quality control of end products.
- Meets regularly with company leaders such as Vice President of Business Development's and VP's on business development matters.
- Collaborate on potential and new client interaction requirements.
- Prepare ad-hoc or customized reports or analysis.
- Identify new areas of opportunity/differentiators within the regions.
- Identify regional initiatives that can drive Lead generation. Identify regional targets.
- Review external competitive environment annually for purposes of informing service and pricing changes and other initiatives.
- Assist and support the launch of new clients into FirstService Texas.
Leadership and People Development:
- Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
- Identify organizational needs both current and future, and develop or adjust staff and related resources as necessary.
- Align resources for growth with financial budgets.
- Utilize Human Resources where appropriate for staff development, training and/or staff issues.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of staff performance throughout the department.
- Motivate team, set expectations, measure results and provide timely feedback. Hold oneself and team accountable for delivering on business goals.
Corporate & Industry Involvement:
- Support broader company goals where necessary, and when team/leadership capacity permits, including; Industry trade shows and related speaking events.
- Collaborates with FirstService Residential Partners and/or FirstService (FSR) staffs with regard to policies and procedures affecting business operations.
- Collaborates with designated team member(s) on the transition of the "new business pipeline" into FirstService Residential Texas.
- Serve on Company Councils as requested by President.
- Business Development Sales Staff.
- Others based on business demands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good communicator and enjoys working with people -- demonstrating excellent
Inter-personal, written and oral communication skills. Can convey sincerity, warmth and a desire to serve.
- Relationship building skills -- needs to be able to immediately develop rapport with a variety of personalities and "types" of clients and potential clients.
- Ability to address difficult issues and guide team toward the accomplishment of identified goals.
- Manage time well and appropriately prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel to the various regions that FirstService Residential is or is contemplating doing business.
- Has an ability to handle multiple priorities and to work under strict deadlines.
- Position must have a valid Driver's License and state mandated vehicle insurance.
- Must have access to and consistent use of a vehicle for transportation to client meetings, industry events, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong background in and demonstration of leadership style.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience developing and managing a high performance professional sales team.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years' experience in the field of residential association management
- College degree (4 year) and/ or extensive equivalent experience.