Armstrong Flooring has an opportunity for a Regional Vice President of Sales for our Central U.S. region. This position is responsible for the strategic planning, direction and coordination of sales efforts within the region to achieve or exceed budgeted sales, volume/mix, and profitability targets. This role is responsible for our Commercial Business in the Central U.S. region, working with all customer bases (i.e. distributors, architects, designers, contractors, and end-user customers).
Location: Central U.S.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
- Champion our vision and values, effectively communicates the direction and functional plan, and ensures roles, responsibilities and expectations are clear and executed.
- Grow the top line, achieve sales budgets with consistency and accuracy around sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Set a clear strategy with accountability for growth.
- Develop, implement and manage sound business plans to achieve agreed upon revenue and margin goals. Integrate Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures and execute through leadership and collaboration.
- Translate Sales strategies into detailed plans, aligned with Product, Marketing and Channel capabilities, to meet the revenue and margin objectives for targeted product categories.
- Proactively lead a disciplined, consistent and rigorous sales process using Salesforce.com. Set appropriate metrics for opportunity management. Develop a deep sense of probability for each opportunity in the pipeline and what it will take to close.
- Build credibility, confidence and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders through regular and ongoing communication. Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback. Resolve customer and business issues. Perform root cause analysis and drive solutions as needed.
- Analyze market trends and develop and test new approaches to value creation for the product portfolio/brand.
- Communicate and manage the use of expense budgets.
- Effectively manage Volume, Price and Mix components to achieve Sales objectives.
- Create a winning team including hiring talent, assessing current talent, succession planning and training Sales management team.
- Attract, develop and retain Sales talent to ensure a high performance Sales team.
- Manage the Selling, Field Promotional, and Customer Program expenses to agreed budgets.
- Lead a robust Sales forecasting process to provide accurate Sales forecasts to the business.
- Actively engage across the organization as the Sales functional expert, providing market and customer input.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in product sales with 3+ years of experience in sales management
- Demonstrated ability to achieve business results
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning including
- Employee training and development
- Strong customer orientation
- Expertise in sales business development and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Excellent business acumen – able to gather market competitive intel, translate it into actions, opportunities and forecasting
We'll be excited if you have: