Job Summary: The Regional Vice President of Business Development – Hospital-Based Physician Services will be responsible for the acquisition of new business through professional sales efforts and will call on hospitals and health systems to sell the revenue cycle, practice management and analytic services provided by Intermedix to emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalist and hospital-employed office based physicians. The ideal candidate will have experience selling in to hospitals and health systems at the executive level, and have a solid understanding of revenue cycle, practice management and analytic services for hospital-based physician groups and hospital-employed office-based physicians. This person will identify and cultivate new prospects to ultimately select and transact business with Intermedix.
This role is focused on generating new business through cold calling to qualify potential leads, presenting our company’s solutions, crafting thoughtful proposals, negotiating contracts and closing new business. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of business development experience in the healthcare or related field, and preferably in a role that required sales in to hospitals at the C-Suite level. Significant experience with hospital-based physician groups and the business services to support their practices is a plus.
Position reports to: Senior Vice President of Hospital-Based Physician Services
• Developing new opportunities through prospecting to create a sales pipeline which is a minimum of 5X’s quota
• Utilizing SF.com and the Intermedix sales process to track and report on all progress
• Provide effective communication of the Intermedix story
• Develop trust with potential clients quickly through the demonstration of business and Intermedix solution knowledge
• Provide accurate, objective sales forecasts, month over month, quarter over quarter and year over year
• Consistent achievement of annual sales quota
• Demonstrated track record of exceeding multi-million dollar quotas selling revenue cycle, practice management services and analytics to the hospital C-Suite
• Maintains honesty, integrity and authenticity in all work, and gains the confidence and trust of others by doing so
• Excellent, proven oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills and methodical problem solving skills
• Ability to rapidly absorb and demonstrate new services
• High degree of attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality
• Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
• Flexible to handle unexpected daily challenges
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Outlook, PPT, Salesforce.com
• Excel and other spreadsheets
• Word and other word processing
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related fields, MBA a plus
• Ability to work independently
• Travel up to 80% of the time
• Maintains honesty, integrity and authenticity in all work, and gains the confidence and trust of others by doing so.
• Shows up to work on time, meets deadlines, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
• Uses available time and resources to the best of their ability.
• Acknowledges and corrects mistakes, and doesn’t make excuses for errors or problems.
• Adapts to match the shifting demands of the organization when confronted by different situations.
• Responds positively to change and embraces new practices or methods when trying to accomplish goals and solve problems.
• Continues to make progress when things are unclear or not yet finalized.
• Recovers quickly from setbacks, and finds alternative ways to reach goals or targets.
• Networks and uses multiple resources to identify opportunities for growth and development.
• Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems and sees successes and failures as opportunities to learn and grow.
• Seeks and uses feedback to improve performance, while also acquiring new competencies, work methods, ideas, and information to improve effectiveness and efficiency.