Regional Vice President
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Mercer Advisors is a fee-only, independent RIA whose purpose is helping our clients achieve Economic Freedom. Established in 1985 as one of the nation?s first fee-only financial planning firms, we have a rich legacy of operating exclusively as a fiduciary. Unique to many RIAs we offer a full-suite of services all in house for our clients including investment management, financial planning, estate planning (in-house law firm), tax planning and preparation (on staff CPAs) and trustee services. With over $11 billion in assets and 8,000 clients we are growing rapidly through both organic and inorganic growth (11 acquisitions in last two years). We are looking for talented, motivated people like you who can add to the growth of our business and culture.
The Regional Vice President is responsible for growing our RIA referral platform in our Northeast Region. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with our channel partners, with the focus on driving sales momentum for one of our financial planning teams. The Regional Vice President will work in a client-focused, team-centered environment in unison with Managing Directors to service the needs of the firms high net worth clients.
Essential Job Functions for the Regional Vice President will include:
- Partnering withfinancial consultants and branch managers to build strong relationships, educating them on our investment philosophy and capturing assets
- Growing and cultivating an assigned region through frequent visits to branch offices and ongoing communication
- Working with Client Service units to develop client referral relationships including meeting with referrals via in-person and phone meetings and ultimately closing opportunities
- Meeting directly withchannel referral prospects via in-person and phone meetings
- Providing insight and information to become a valuable resource and partner
- Proactively initiating business development calls and identifying new sales opportunities
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree
- At least 5years of successful salesexperience in the financial services industry
- Series 65 or Series 66 license required unless candidate holds one of the following credentials: Certified Financial Planner (CFP?), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Investment Consultant (CIC)
- CFP? (Certified Financial Planning) designation preferred
- Comprehensive industry and investment management knowledge
- Experience using CRM systems (Salesforcepreferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation, listening and analytical skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills in high volume, high energy environments
- Experience determining the needs of partners and prospects through probing questions, offering solutions and asking for the right actions
- Strong computer aptitude with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%
People Successful in this Position:
- Are proactive and self-motivated
- Enjoy problem solving
- Enjoy building relationships and partnering withothers
- Value teamwork
Work Schedule: Daytime and evening hours
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. Mercer Advisors is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Professional or home office environment depending upon location. Traveling, standing and sitting. No heavy lifting over 20 lbs.
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.