Industry: Financial Services•
Posted 292 days ago
The Regional Vice President (RVP) has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of a region or market. The Regional Vice President manages the full range of commercial and retail banking activities within a particular region. Overall responsibility for commercial lending teams and retail branch offices (stores). Responsibilities include expanding the bank’s recognition in the community through the profitable growth of deposits, loans, fees and customers, while enhancing the TD brand. The job has specific responsibility for the management of diverse teams driving the growth of core deposits (retail, commercial, governmental), while cross- selling the bank’s products and services
• Insures quality service policies for retail and commercial customer’s (external and internal), ensuring continued satisfaction and
• Provides strategic and tactical direction within the market and at the corporate level regarding credit, reputation and delivery.
• Makes prospect and customer calls to businesses with Lenders on the most complex deals.
• Develops new business mainly through wide network of referral sources.
• Responds to customer complaints.
• Responsible for the recruitment, management and development of commercial lenders and supports the commercial and retail
staff in their efforts to attract and retain talent.
• Maintains a positive working environment for all employees, providing open communications, especially of performance goals
and objectives; career opportunities, ethical and respectful working conditions.
• Develops and maintains a strong partnership with the Retail Market Manager(s) in his/her respective region or market.
• Leads coaches and develops employees ensuring performance management activities are undertaken and completed for all
• Develops new business mainly through wide network of referral sources; maintains network of referral sources and proactively
asks for prospect leads; ensures referral sources have current information on commercial and retail products.
• Maintains strong partnerships with other business units (i.e., Wealth and Insurance).
• Protects the assets of the bank through the proper execution and administration of operational and risk management policies
and procedures in compliance with the mandates of the Board of Directors and the law.
• Embraces and executes the strategies for profitable growth of deposits, loans, fees as well as selling bank products and services.
• Specific responsibility to grow deposits, loans and market share while enhancing the TD brand; increasing all deposits, fees,
commercial loans and consumer loans, and hiring human capital.
• Ultimate responsibility for the store network and commercial portfolios in the region
• 4 Year degree or equivalent experience required
• 15+ Years related experience required
• Solid understanding of commercial lending and portfolios.
• Business development experience and proven ability to network within community to increase deposits, accounts and loan
• Demonstrated leadership experience and proven expertise hiring and developing talent.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent customer orientation, interpersonal and organizational skills.