Requisition #: 18009246
Vice President, Marketing and Communications – WI Key Duties:
- Under direction of the System Vice President of Marketing & Communications, the Executive Director, Marketing and Communications – Wisconsin is responsible for planning, development, successful implementation and reporting of marketing, communications, community relations, media relations and digital strategies for the Wisconsin region of SSM Health. This position will be based in Madison and will work in conjunction with the regional System Vice President of Strategic Development as well as regional executive leadership to ensure marketing & communications initiatives drive and support key strategic and operational goals.
- Leads and drives the development of the annual regional integrated marketing and communications plans in alignment with system-wide goals and practices to support the organization's strategic plans, growth plans and revenue goals.
- Operates within the system's strategic framework to develop advertising, promotions, digital and social media, brand recognition management and community partnership plans for the WI region.
- Maintains the regional budgets and financial management as a segment of the overall system budget.
- Sits on the WI care delivery regional executive team, providing consultation and integrated marketing and communications solutions that help the region reach its strategic and operational goals
- Serves as ad hoc Marketing and Communications representative for the Dean Health Plan executive leadership team
- Leads regional crisis/change communications, partnering with executive leadership to ensure timely and effective communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Partners with the Director, Marketing & Communications – Dean Health Plan to coordinate marketing and communications functions across the region, ensuring successful implementation of cross-promotional opportunities and joint marketing activities
- Provides oversight of Dean Health Plan Marketing and Communications activities in alignment with the overall system and regional strategic framework and goals
- Oversees regional media and community relations activities to bolster SSM Health's reputation amongst our communities
- Leads the development of market segmentation efforts and direct marketing for the region
- Implements system-wide internal communications initiatives and leads the regional internal communications function in support of regional executives and other key initiatives. Partners with key areas including Human Resources to communicate changes that impact the entire employee base
- Oversees the online and social media presence in coordination with the system digital and communications teams for the WI region of SSM Health.
- Ensures appropriate peer/leadership review processes are in place on external marketing materials and that stakeholders are aware of the appropriate market segments and necessary communication vehicles
- Supports merger and acquisition activity as needed, providing transaction communication support, branding support and timely integration of core marketing & communications functions
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with various internal teams
- Tracks the success of initiatives and works from metrics to continually improve results.
- Other duties as requested
- 12-15 years of related experience required
- Master's in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or other related fields preferred
- Previous health care experiencerequired
- Experience in marketing and communications within an integrated network or at a health plan, a plus
- Requires same-day travel within the region
- Experience in managing within a matrixed organization, preferably with a multi-state or national footprint
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a rapid business environment
- Proven ability to implement successful, measurable marketing and communications plans