Regional Vice President - Independent Wholesaling
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Job Overview: The Regional Vice President (RVP) for Life Sales is the central resource and relationship manager for their assigned territory.
Reporting to the Divisional Vice President of AIG Life Sales, this position’s primary focus is on business development with responsibility for product positioning, marketing strategies, planning, research and problem solving.
- The RVP is responsible for developing regional business plans that achieve and exceed sales targets for their assigned territory
- Prioritizes business plans through MGA segmentation in order to achieve highest return on sales production
- Continuously analyzes territories to assess market changes or trends, personnel changes or relationship needs, and revises business plan (visits, trainings, etc.) accordingly
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with MGA members in order to establish and achieve sales targets. Serves as the initial contact for problem resolution. Researches accounts and/or elevates issues to solve problems
- Leads or coordinates training, webcasts and conference calls for MGA staff.
- Proactively sets sales meetings, visits and prepares agendas in advance (going in with a purpose). Afterwards, summarizes next steps and follows through on commitments
- Partners closely with assigned Internal Wholesaler and/or Strategic Account Manager, providing continuous communication on sales ideas, case management and MGA needs in order to advance sales within region
- Actively manages informal/formal applications to maximize placement and production.
- Organizes and maintains orderly files on all customers
- Reports sales activity and production as required
- Maintains successful relationships with internal clients including but not limited to Marketing, Compliance, Underwriting and Operations
- Maintains ongoing knowledge on industry trends, UW regulations, advanced marketing concepts and company products
- Leverages the Company’s expertise by working effectively with areas such as Product Development, Competition & Research, Advanced Sales, etc.
- Consistently looks for “value adds” through service and selling ideas
- Keeps an ethical and compliant region based on company and regulatory standards
- Operates the region on a cost effective basis within budget as determined by the company
- Travels a minimum of 50% of the time
- Expert knowledge of Life Insurance, IUL, UL and Term, and familiarity with Advanced Sales concepts
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be able to apply sound discretion and judgment abilities
- Strong listening skills required
- Requires a demonstrated record of initiative, leadership, problem-solving and adaptability
- Excellent public speaking with the ability to plan, organize, develop and deliver effective presentations to a targeted audience
- Bachelor’s Degree + Insurance designations (CLU and/or ChFC)
- Experience: Minimum 5 +years in direct life insurance sales