In the hospitality industry, people matter.
That's why here at Choice Hotels we're always looking for exceptional people - people who will challenge us, make our team stronger, smarter and complete. People who know how to roll up their sleeves and tackle the job at hand; who go the extra mile to get the job done - and done well.
At Choice, we are looking for employees to connect the world through the power of hospitality - and we offer support, a strong culture, a collaborative workplace and the opportunity to thrive. Choice brings together people, brands, and technology to enable success.
Who are we looking for? Maybe it’s you.
The Regional Vice President, Franchise Sales Development is responsible for meeting and exceeding growth goals through the conversion of existing hotels, adaptive reuse of unique and historic buildings, as well as sourcing new construction projects within the geographical market area of the Northeast (including CT, DE, MA, ME, NY, RI) for Cambria® hotels. The individual contributes to the development and growth of the Market Area Strategic Business Plan and executes against the plan by calling on prospective franchisees, developing relationships and networking with developers, third-party management companies, lenders, brokers and industry groups, etc.
What you will do…
- Provide input on the development of the Market Area Strategic Business Plan. Execute against the Business Plan and build a pipeline of prospective franchisees in order to meet or exceed set goals/quotas for conversions, new construction and adaptive reuse projects of hotels in the assigned Market Area.
- Ability to use sales and resource tools to develop appropriate pipeline opportunities.
- Travel within assigned territory sourcing projects for conversion, new construction or adaptive reuse.
- Communicate the Choice Hotels value proposition to prospective franchisees.
- Communicate and manage internal relations with Area Directors and other internal associates to foster growth opportunities for the assigned brand and Choice Hotels overall.
- Manage the contract/approval process and collaborate with Franchise Administration and other internal resources to ensure timely information flow and application processing.
- Assist franchisees with identifying financial programs, site selection, or partnership dollars.
- Collaborates with Franchise Services to effectively upgrade/replace existing inventory in accordance with the Market Area Plan and to ensure brand identity compliance.
- Work and collaborate with the brand leaders and operations team to improve the quality of the deals brought into the pipeline as well as the overall performance of the brand.
INDUSTRY/MARKET STRATEGY & ACTIVITIES
- Perform competitive and SWOT analyses of assigned Market Area.
- Stay relevant with industry developments and market trends, while continuing to collaborate with your leader on adjustments to the Business Plan.
- Build relationships in the Finance, Construction, Hotel Development and other related communities in the assigned Market Area.
- Actively participate in professional and industry groups that are recognized both internally with Choice Hotels and externally in the marketplace.
- Represent Choice Hotels at franchise-related events, trade shows, etc.
Skills you should have…
- 3-5 years of prior sales and/or related experience within the geographic market area preferred. To include demonstrated experience in consultative, value-based sales and relationship sales. Prior Business-to-Business sales experience in the hotel industry, hospitality, franchising, or related field preferred.
- On-property “hotel” experience in operations or sales is preferred.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals/quotas and driving business results. Broad-based business acumen and ability to collaborate with business leaders across organizational lines.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hotel Industry and competitive brands, as well as Choice Hotels’ brands, sales and marketing strategies and service offerings.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Prior experience using CRM applications is desirable.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
*** PLEASE NOTE: This role is not eligible for sponsorship ***
Ability to model Choice’s Cultural Values: Welcome and Respect Everyone, Be Bold, Be Quick, Listen, Be Curious and Show Integrity.