What you’ll be doing…
The Regional Vice President (RVP), Commercial Sales will be responsible for overseeing Tableau’s Commercial inside sales team. The RVP, Commercial Sales will represent Tableau and its products to Commercial customer accounts and meet sales objectives in the assigned geographical territory. The RVP will influence all aspects of the sales process including strategic direction, strategic team composition, deal structure, qualification, evaluation, deal making, closing and account care and will manage assigned sales staff (Sales Directors and Sales Managers) while playing an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Leadership and management of the Sales team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned strategic, named, and geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Lead efforts and execution on acquiring Greenfield accounts in Fortune 1000 segment
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train and motivate and grow sales staff
- Plan and direct sales staff activities and objectives to maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance goals and measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive results
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering. Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Develop strategy and execution of account engagement models working across multiple LOBS’ including Customer Success, Marketing, and Channel Sales.
- Mature and develop operational best practices.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and performance
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct reports, management, customers and support staff
Who you are…
- Experienced. Bachelor's Degree in with a technical or business focus preferred. 10 or more years in software sales including both transactional sales and strategic selling experience. This includes 5 years or more as a sales manager.
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strongrecruiter and motivator of people.
- Experienced at building teams
- Able to develop and mature a team culture
- Able to drive a team to peak performance
- A strong recruiter and motivator of people; able to attract ‘A’ players
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we’re doing and won’t stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- Domain. Experience with analytics, data, databases or business intelligence preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!