This position is responsible for driving profitable market growth in the U500 buyer group by maximizing the local market value proposition by partnering with key matrix partners; leading the marketing, sale and retention of new and existing business; growing market share; and exploiting growth opportunities while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops the strategy and articulates the vision for the region focusing on U500 accounts. Articulates and clarifies the results and successes needed to achieve financial/ growth goals.
- Drives sales revenue and profit growth through outstanding product delivery and superior sales execution. Improve account persistency through superior account management and service.
- Maximizes the local value proposition through partnership with key matrix organizations (contracting, medical management, service, etc.)
- Develops and maintains strong external relationships: with consulting houses, with key customer accounts and with key producers. Serves as the face of CIGNA within the market to these external constituents.
- Partners across other segments to ensure maximum value creation to CIGNA within the market.
- Promotes the specialty businesses to U500 customer, provides customers with a broad array of products and services to meet their needs.
- Shapes the culture of the organization as it adjusts to an ever changing marketplace. Promotes an organization that strategically builds the business and client relationships, has a long-term vision in the market, and rewards/ encourages accountability while recognizing individuality and diversity.
- Builds collaborative relationships across the enterprise to achieve corporate, financial and market objectives while providing the very best in products and customer service.
- Evaluates the current human capital in the region, ensures the right person is in the right role, provides developmental plans, and where appropriate, makes effective decisions which will strengthen the market team and overall organization.
- Participates in the development of the segment growth strategy by providing local market needs and insights.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 10 + years experience in a sales, with at least 8 years leading sales teams
- Proven ability to build and retain high performance sales management, sales and service teams
- Experience managing relationships with new and existing partners.
- Experience in developing and delivery of sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Track record of sustained Top and Bottom Line Success
- Experience with delivering client value & service excellence
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, work in teams, and be flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven track record of success working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Ability to travel 50%+, regionally and nationally.